Friday, November 25, 2011

The Bridesmaid’s Journal

Liliornin’s Weekly Journal

Eleasis 1: Midsummer Night brought with it not just changes in the weave and perhaps all the planes; but my perspective as well. No longer do I see the world as they do, the Red Wizards of Thay; rather as a Thayan instead I see the potential for unified progress in peaceful and lawful lands, the benefits behind unity over tyranny and betrayal. I renounce Gargauth and all his dogma. I know I must escape my situation soon, but I will be careful and bide my time.
Magic has gone wild and death has seemingly visited the clerics of magic and arcana. The Watchful Order of Magists and Protectors has internalized their leadership and have recalled each active member. Marcus has requested that Kight, Rynel, Nethieen, Gundus and I enter the city and inquire about a machine or construct; a device that could win the wizard war.

Eleasis 7: Ambassador Homen Abarbrent has summoned every Thayan in Waterdeep back to The Embassy. Avatars of gods walk among us, some as individuals or as objects.
Sorcerer Chhe Phou, one of the Ambassador’s advisors has selected us to discover an entrance to Skull Port; a way to the underdark port that is not through the known south seacaves.
Some of the gnoll garrisons have let slip that a recent interrogation yielded information on a portal that may exist in Skull Port.

Eleasis 14: Looking for this way to Skull Port, we began by making short two or three day expeditions into the Undermountain via the most popular way: the Yawning Portal. During our trips we learned that Skull Port is deeper into the Undermountain that we previously thought, however; after late night it was overheard that one pathway is rumored to be hidden behind a wall in one of the wine cellars of the Yawning Portal itself. The drunken Portal regular insisted that this route is direct, but an undead quintet: the Bone Council. The undead have made a lower section of this passage their chambers where they ceaselessly hold their palaver of death.

Eleasis 21: There are forces at work that foil any attempt at mapping the Undermountain. Returning to the streets of Waterdeep, we learn there could be a second passage that begins in a well in the basement level of the posh Efreeti Bottle feasthall. After further on site discovery, we find the passage that leads to the Underhalls was blocked up a year ago by the Watch after it was discovered that a band of slavers was using it to transport captives to Skullport. If only they knew, I must make my escape soon. I believe I have found a Harper agent. I hope to make contact with her soon.

Eleasis 28: Weeks of attempting to map out the undermountain, late nights with drunken Yawning Portal patrons and following every possibility; we have finally happened upon what could be the best yet. A possible third passage leading to Skullport, and it originates from the dungeons of Castle Waterdeep! Local legend says the passage winds like a massive corkscrew into Undermountain, bypassing the first two dungeons levels and going straight to the third. I will make contact with the Harper when we investigate- I was told her name is Jovena.  

7 comments:

James said...

The pic is not Liliornin nor is it Jovena...

Gordzilla said...

Is the picture Sorcerer Chhe Phou?

James said...

Sorry no.

James said...

Added a pic to this post, also I will be about a half hour late this week. ty

harrygoblin said...

I think it is Kight

Russ said...

I don't think so. Kight was always described as thin & homely. Though things have changed since we have been gone. Maybe she picked up the beauty aspect.

James said...

Kight it is.