Friday, February 29, 2008
Taking pages from both Sam and The former Press Secretary, I will wear a pilot's helmet to protect the ones I'm with. I still am Jessie, the generals daughter, older sister and a air force pilot. But.
When I am confronted to threats of National Security and the President comes to call: It is Supernova who answers.
And Phister: I love the truck!
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
1. Chaos worldwide as an “energy event” has caused multiple crisis’s all over the world. Every nation on earth has their military currently at its highest alert level, with many accusations being leveled by one country or union towards another. China has declared that the United States is the only other nation on earth with the means to cause such an event. The Chinese swear that they were not involved but many question their sincerity because few anomalies were reported from China. This doesn’t mean that none occurred.
2. The area’s hardest his by these anomalies seem to have been the United States, the European Union, and the Russian Bloc. Each country has indicated a different time table for having normal communications and internet connections.
3. The United States is claiming that a foreign government has shot down 2 satellites.
4. There is a new lake in downtown LA; from Wilshire Boulevard, between Catalina Street and Mariposa Avenue, it is slowly growing.
5. Unknown energy type measured in all US locations. Foreign governments have had no official response but privately several sources, all anonymous, have confirmed similar readings. Some countries have no means of measuring.
6. There has been an unprecedented freeze to all world markets for at least two weeks. There are fears of a world-wide depression.
7. Krasnoyarsk Krai of the Russian Federation reports a massive explosion similar to what was reported in Nevada but of a much larger scale.
8. Greece has reported that Mt Olympus is ensconsced in a green glowing mist, with many citizens believing a return of the fabled greek gods has occurred. Greece further reports that the mountain has risen 20 feet during this time and is continuing to rise, leading to fears that the town of Litochoro at its base would eventually be destroyed.
9. Berlin Germany: Reports indicate many strange phenomena involving heavy equipment and machinery. There are unconfirmed reports being posted on UVID of several people exhibiting extraordinary abilities, with one video showing a man growing some 10 feet in height with muscles bulging. Obviously these videos are viewed with much disdain.
10. Reports from Spain indicate strange weather patterns.
11. France reports several strange occurrences involving tombs and the catacombs of Paris.
12. Off the coast of Florida, several long lost planes and ships attributed to the Bermuda Triangle have washed ashore.
13. Between Florida and Cuba, a new island has risen. Sattelite imaging has lead to suspicion that this is the lost city of gold.
Saturday, February 23, 2008
Thursday, February 21, 2008
It gives me pause to trust the President out of hand (knowing she as well has new extraordinary powers); however I will give her the benefit of the doubt. What choice do I have? What choice do any of us have?
Friday, February 15, 2008
It is this fact and the shock that time has been traversed that brings things into question. As an unwilling passenger forward through the months, this Timelight has somehow invested itself in me- and I believe it is killing me.
I shall endeavor to develop these new skills, powers and talents to overcome the beast.
My limits have been tested and my patients have been stretched. I assume I’m in special training, considering the nature of the examinations and the extent of the information they are gathering. But I agree with Sam, my cooperation has its limits especially if I feel I’ve lost my freedom.
One thing is missing in all this. What has happened outside of this facility? Knowing that a year has passed without us, the President and everyone here; what impact has that made? We have some catching up to do.
Ok... So it's one year later. We've been transported somehow one year into the future. Now, I'm no scientist, but I have seen some sci-fi shows and movies and if we meet ourselves, it ain't gonna be pretty... but then, everyone thinks I'm dead, so maybe there IS no "future me". I have no idea how the president thinks I'm gonna do to stop a war... hell, my singing may even make things worse. But if this is my new gig, I guess I'm gonna hafta toe the line. Hell, maybe this won't be so bad, living on the government's dime. At least I don't hafta worry about thugs comin' around wanting their money!
Monday, February 11, 2008
Sunday, February 10, 2008
The door does it's best to retain that name as it bursts in, the flimsy lock and chain barely even making a show. The doorway is filled with the siloutte of a huge man, balding, sweating, slabs of muscle covered in fat. The wife-beater and sweatpants don't really do much to add to his figure. Enormous hands writhe as the hairy fingers dance along the steel tire iron in their grasp. The woman (Carla?) sits up immediately, her sagging breasts puddling around her lap, "Larry!", she screams.
"You bitch!" shouts the mountain of male testosterone. I glance from him, to her and back to him. Reaching out, I point at the tire iron and his hands... I have skills, see. Steam rises into the dry desert air as my targets' temprature drops insanely fast. At the same time, I'm scooping up my pants, bounding across the bed and headed for the bathroom. Screw the shirt, I can get another. Thank God I left my wallet and car keys in my pants. Larry emits a sound between a bitten off scream and a grunt as he tries to let go of the tire iron, only to find it frozen there in his hands.
In the tiny room that's called a bathroom, there's a window on a wall of the shower. A rumble builds in my chest as I glare at the glass and aluminum frame, both of which are beginning to vibrate. C'mon, c'mon, Larry ain't gonna wait for much longer. Hopefully he'll vent on the wife/girlfriend/dick cozey long enou- YES!! The glass shatters and the aluminum twists out of the frame. With the speed of an Olympic athelete, I vault out of the window, cutting my feet alittle on the broken glass, and make my way full speed to my car and safety...
Saturday, February 9, 2008
In the past I’ve never looked my opponents in the eye because you can’t see your opponent from the cockpit. But as I engage these unfortunate ‘survivors’ of the recent devastation, the fallout-men, whatever you call them- it was either us or them.
The time-light energy answered my every call; the force field, the energy blast that ended the fallout-men’s attack. Even taking to flight was realized easily in the encounter between us and them. Indeed the effects from the US Eldritch explosion did not only affect me but these survivors as well. The strong-man Pfister, his power and focus increased a hundred fold. Tatton and the others: Paul and Big Slick, men whom I met the night before with new extraordinary, if not super abilities. It stands to reason others may have experienced the same or similar effects as us- even to different degrees.
Never have I been so afraid. Not of the fallout-men or my fellow survivors, but of myself and the powers I now have. With new talents discovered and some undiscovered- I fear that I may not be able to temper their destructiveness.
Sunday, February 3, 2008
A new primordial element has introduced itself to me. Energy of rippling light that I can control, more powerful than adrenaline felt from pulling 5 Gs, and more intoxicating than alcohol. I feel different, like I do when in the cockpit.
A sensation of flying is always at my call, as if I could will myself to rise into the skies. At times it is stronger than others, but when I think of a fighter jet, stealth bomber or even Airforce One- it is as if I could join them in the cobalt skies over the landscape.
In fact, the more I think of my experiences as call-sign: Supernova; all tactical controls, communication and maneuverability seem available to me.
Saturday, February 2, 2008
Friday, February 1, 2008
SPARTAN-12 was cobbled together from spare parts found in boneyards, using funds "appropriated" illicitly. Standing approximately 10 feet tall, SPARTAN-12 appears to be no less than a jury-rigged heap of scrap metal roughly shaped like a man. A dome-like structure sits in place of it's head which contains two glowing photoreceptors among other sensory devices.
Craig's greatest dream is to have unlimited funds and time to explore the limits of robotics.