Thursday, December 8, 2011

The mark of War

I do not aim with my hand;
He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I aim with my eye. 

I do not shoot with my hand;
He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I shoot with my mind.

I do not kill with my gun;
He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father.
I kill with my heart.

Speaking the words thought to him by master Gunslingers, Arsten fires his guns at the white dragon, the rapports thunderous and heavy in the air; he and his ka-tet were locked in a righteous battle with a dragon. Never before had Arsten felt so complete. He is reminded of his dinh who speaks of a future Samular Pantheon and here before his very eyes was a battle for the heavens. It was time for Arsten to proclaim his divine intentions…

War: For the preservation of civilization, free of oppression and conquest.
Nobility: To inspire leadership and elevate a ruling class.
Law: Without law, there is disorder. There is no disorder in my vision.
Civilization: Build unity and moral cohesion.
Planning: A good plan now, is better than a perfect plan later.
Protection: Those who follow my edicts will be protected from chaos.
Mechanus: A plane of order will be my domain.

No comments: