Monday, November 1, 2010

Journal Entry


I grow more contemplative the longer I have been awake. It seems odd to me that as a long lived (hopefully) man I feel the race against time. The prize for winning that race- my truename. I must admit mention of a wizard who subjugates devils and traffics in names bodes ill for us all. Even as we uncover situations that indicate how hard it is to see us in divinations, It strikes me that knowledge of our truenames could strip that quality. As sternly as we were warned against Grand Mother learning this secret, it would be far more disastrous for one of her enemies to discover that secret. I wonder if our truenames are linked together, or do they separate us as the individuals we strive to emerge as. I wonder if our truenames have even been forged yet, or do our actions decode them until they are ready to be harvested. I wonder if Father has other children by other mothers. I wonder if they are his plan to check us if need be. I wonder who or what Father allied himself with in the battle for this world. I wonder if any of his enemies survived the war. I find it hard to sleep as I wonder....

1 comment:

robm1171 said...

Durg: Good thoughts, brother. "I wonder if our truenames have even been forged yet...", good observation. Am I the only one though that questions our father's motives? Why is he so intent on keeping us away from mother? I must admit, I feel a strong calling from my draconic heritage, much more strongly than my human one. I think, possibly, by denying us, or at least warding us away from mother, could be a way of keeping us in check. Much like the thought you had, Jaren, of father having other spawn. We may be extremely powerful ebings that he hopes to keep control of. I say we embrace ourselves, our true selves. Don't ignore what father said but take it with the idea of control.