When the tall elven wizard opened the door to the tavern all
the dwarves grew quiet inside, staring at the strange elf. “I always knew you
could find me, I just always figured when you finally showed up again it would
be to ask me to go fight another war, another dragon, demon or devil!” Thralgrim Grimbeard stood behind his bar laughing
which lead to the young dwarven patrons drunkenly singing several dwarven dirges. It was a rare sight to see, the smiling old
dwarf completely satisfied with himself, a well rehearsed line delivered
perfectly for just this occasion.
![]() |
| Myrrdin Og |
Myrddin Og entered The Three Legged Stool to the unique
sounds of Thralgrim’s laughter against the backdrop of dwarven singing,
surprised to find himself laughing too. In moments Thralgrim had an oversized wine
glass filled with his own brand of dwarven ale placed in front of his ancient
elven friend. The use of a wine glass
for ale was the old dwarf’s “subtle“means of teasing Myrddin for his elven
heritage.
Thralgrim’s tavern The Three Legged Stool stood two stories
tall, entirely crafted of stone in the small dwarven district of Tingis. The
bar was always full and had gained a reputation locally as an excellent place
to acquire information. The bar didn’t
sell information; rather the old dwarven barkeep had the amazing ability to get
information out of anyone who was brought to him for that purpose. In fact the tavern
was named after the dwarf’s preferred information gathering technique.
It soon became apparent to all in attendance that the two
old humanoids were not only old friends, but companions whose trust was forged
on shared battlefields. Their
conversation of old war stories passed through the night and into the morn.
Finally with only a few passed out drunken dwarves remaining Thralgrim asked
Myrddin the purpose of his visit.
“Advice is the help I seek old friend. I recently had a
dinner that has troubled me since I left it, further it is such a conundrum for
me that I would value you your perspective. “
With that, Myrddin went on to tell his old cohort the amazing tale of
the Mages Four (and One More proclaimed Thralgrim after hearing the
story). Myrddin waited in the telling of
the tale as long as he possibly could before revealing the Dragons of Virtue
and Sin. “Since that meal I have been
left with a feeling of disquiet and unease beyond my normal paranoia and
distrust, I was hoping you might place your finger upon it.”
Thralgrim stared at the wizard for a few moments, his one good eye filled with disappointment and annoyance, “Elves can be so stupid.” Before continuing,
“Not that I haven’t enjoyed your visit but we could have gotten a lot more
sleep had you spoken up sooner! Virtue? Sin? Bah! You’re nothing more than meat
to a dragon!”


No comments:
Post a Comment