Sunday, February 3, 2008

Supernova


A new primordial element has introduced itself to me. Energy of rippling light that I can control, more powerful than adrenaline felt from pulling 5 Gs, and more intoxicating than alcohol. I feel different, like I do when in the cockpit.
A sensation of flying is always at my call, as if I could will myself to rise into the skies. At times it is stronger than others, but when I think of a fighter jet, stealth bomber or even Airforce One- it is as if I could join them in the cobalt skies over the landscape.
In fact, the more I think of my experiences as call-sign: Supernova; all tactical controls, communication and maneuverability seem available to me.

1 comment:

robm1171 said...

(as Paul Turner)

Jesus... Here I was, gonna turn on the charm, ask 'er if she'd bought my album (yeah, it was 7 years ago, but even Mickey Dolenz still gets tail). And now she's some hot-shot pilot w/ a chip on 'er shoulder... God, I GOTTA learn to pick 'em better...