"You're sre of this, Marco?" the tall one asked
"Yes! I must go while I can!" the shorter one said gesturing vehemently "Marriage toa plump girl, three or four kids and a boring burecratic job is not my idea of success Lamberto."
The third one passed a bottle saying "Your father won't be happy."
"I'm afraid he will be disappointed whatever I do. My brother Chrisofero will inherit the title and main house, Roberto is a captain of artillery in the Militia and gets the townhouse. That leaves nothing for me. So I'm off to find my fame and fortune elsewhere."
"And where are you starting this search?" asked Giuseppe taking a pullfrom the returned bottle.
Marco turns to the adjacent ship and called out "Whence are we bound this fine day, Shipmaster?"
"Malta, sir!" came the answer "If the young sir would care to board, we'll be off with the tide."
Marco gripped his two friend in an abrazzo and turned up the gang plank.
No comments:
Post a Comment